RICHMOND, Va. -- As the debate over the use of masks in school evolves in Virginia, CBS 6 News is committed to reporting multiple angles to the situation. With all developing stories,
we encourage you to share information here.
Thursday, February 10, 2022
- If these metrics are met, Henrico Schools could get rid of mask mandate
- As Essex County schools roll back COVID measures, parents speak out
Tuesday, February 8, 2022
Monday, February 7, 2022
- Virginia's health chief questions effectiveness of masks in school: 'There are downsides to masking'
Tuesday, February 1, 2022
Monday, January 31, 2022
- Henrico mother says son is 'isolated' for not wearing mask at school
- As masks come off in some classrooms, teachers fight for more protection
- Some Hanover students return to school without masks on Monday
Saturday, January 29, 2022
- Classrooms and COVID: What choices should parents get to make
- County-by-county look at COVID-19 cases in Virginia; which areas saw biggest spikes last week
Friday, January 28, 2022
Thursday, January 27, 2022
Wednesday, January 26, 2022
Tuesday, January 25, 2022
- Northern Neck schools divided over mask mandate
- Chesterfield Schools vote to give parents final say on masks
- Do masks have harmful side effects? A closer look at the study behind Gov. Youngkin's mask decision
Monday, January 24, 2022
- Gov. Youngkin after school mask lawsuits: 'We’re all in the same boat and love one another'
- Hanover parents divided on whether masking in schools should continue
- Richmond teacher: Mask lawsuit is step in right direction, but not enough
- Former Chesterfield teacher says it's time for parents to make decision on masks
- Some schools reopen with masks, some without: 'People are confused'
- Hanover Schools votes to let parents decide on masks
- What happens for Virginia students who don't wear masks to school?
Sunday, January 23, 2022
Saturday, January 22, 2022
- After COVID closure, mask mandate will continue for Colonial Heights students: 'It's the safest way'
- Virginia mother accused of misdemenanor for words to school board
Friday, January 21, 2022
- Youngkin: For now, listen to principals on school masks
- Gov. Youngkin announces guidelines for parents, educators
- Virginia governor seeks dismissal of suit over school masks
Thursday, January 20, 2022
- AG Miyares files to dismiss lawsuit against Gov. Youngkin's executive order
- No masks in Powhatan schools? No problem says this school board member.
- Chesterfield School leaders vote to keep masking in place for now
Wednesday, January 19, 2022
Tuesday, January 18, 2022
- Richmond Schools vote to stick with mask requirement despite Youngkin's executive order
- Parents file lawsuit to keep masks in Virginia schools
- Virginia lawmakers debate wording in Governor Youngkin's masks-in-school order
Sunday, January 16, 2022
- Virginia school districts respond to Governor's new mask order; expert weighs in
- Henrico Schools will continue to require masks for students, staff and visitors
- Order to end school mask mandates gets pushback in Virginia
Saturday, January 15, 2022