HENRICO COUNTY, Va. — A man and woman watching the Cardinals-Eagles game had no clue their home was on fire Sunday night.
Family members told WTVR Photojournalist Dustin Kelley the homeowners were watching TV when a neighbor banged on their door.
Henrico firefighters were called to the 4900 block of Green Run Drive off Shrader Road around 10:30 p.m.
When crews arrived they saw heavy fire from the roof and attic of the two-story home.
Video captured by neighbor Mark Daniel shows flames shooting from the home’s roof and chimney. That video shows a firefighter on a ladder busting out a widow on the second floor to vent the blaze minutes before the chimney collapsed, sending bricks raining onto the ladder and the ground.
Officials said crews were able to knock down the fire to prevent any additional damage and that the blaze was marked under control at 10:56 p.m.
No one was injured.
The Henrico Fire’s Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating what sparked the blaze.
Officials said the family of three will be displaced for a short period of time.
Stay with WTVR.com and watch CBS 6 News for updates on this story.