HOPEWELL, Va. -- Hollywood has returned to Hopewell. After hosting both Michael Keaton's Dopesick and The Walking Dead spin-off, The Walking Dead: World Beyond, there is a new film being made in Hopewell and producers are looking for extras.
Tapawingo began this week and will continue through July.
The movie was described as a "coming-of-age comedy" starring Jon Heder (Napoleon Dynamite, Blades of Glory) and Billy Zane (Titanic, Curfew).
"The film’s production team is in search of a variety of background actors to fill vacant roles. Individuals from the local community are invited to submit information to be considered for a background role in the film," an announcement from the Hopewell Recreation and Parks read. "Producers are also in search of vehicles from the 1970s and 1980s."
If you're interested in applying, here's what you need to do:
Email the following information to email@example.com.
All emails should be addressed with the following subject:
Subject: Tapawingo - BG Submissions - [Name of role from the list below]
All submission should include the following details:
· Head shot
· Full body shot
· Union Status (Union/Non-Union):
· Shirt Size (Small, Medium, Large, XL, XL)
· Pant Size
· Shoe Size
· Role Interested In
· Specialty Wardrobe (specifically 70s - 80s attire)
· Referred By
- grocery shoppers (any age)
- library patrons (any age)
- young women (ages 18-20)
- bus passengers (ages 45-65)
- convenience store patrons (age 25+)
- cafeteria workers (age 50+)
- students (ages 15-18)
- teachers (any age)
- basketball players (tall, slender, age 15-25)
- "mathletes" (ages 15-20)
- mall shoppers (any age)
- mall girls (ages early 20's)
- roller skaters (ages 20-50)
- office workers (ages 40-60)
- bingo players (ages 40-80)
- audience members
- arcade kids (ages 15-25)
- swimmers (ages 60-70)
- older students (ages 20-50)
*Please note that COVID testing is required for all actors on set.
SHARE on social media to SPREAD the WORD!