WILLIAMSBURG, Va. -- A former massage therapist at a Chesterfield Massage Envy who was convicted of sexual battery in July 2020 was found guilty Thursday of assaulting five additional victims months later at a Massage Luxe in Williamsburg.
Williamsburg-James City County Prosecutor Cathy Black told CBS 6 that Shawn Robinson was found guilty of three counts of object penetration, one count of assault and battery, and six counts of aggravated sexual battery.
He was also found guilty of three counts of practicing without a license.
Robinson will be sentenced on Oct. 6 at 1 p.m. He faces a maximum of life in prison.
Robinson, who was the subject of a CBS 6 investigation last year, was found guilty in July of 2020 of misdemeanor sexual battery for raping a woman in February of 2018 at a Massage Envy on Midlothian Turnpike that has since closed.
PROBLEM SOLVERS INVESTIGATION: Massage therapist convicted of sexual battery, accused of sexually assaulting another client
Survivor: 'Why was this guy still able to be out there practicing?'
Chaz Roca, is one of the Williamsburg survivors.
When we interviewed her in December she asked to remain anonymous, but now that Robinson has been convicted she decided to go public with her story.
"It turned into a calling for me to be able to have a voice. From what I understand I was the last victim. I stopped him from being able to do this to anybody ever again," Roca said.
She added that while she is pleased with the outcome of the trial, she remains concerned about how Robinson was able to get another job as a massage therapist after the Chesterfield conviction.
"We feel like justice was served, but we also have that underlying question, what happened? Why was this guy still able to be out there practicing? That is one of the biggest questions we all have at this point, how did he get this far?" Roca said.
🔎WTVR.COM IN-DEPTH: CBS 6 Problem Solvers Investigations
- How a Virginia massage therapist kept license after sex crime conviction
- Virginia massage therapist sentenced to 37 years in prison
- Why Virginia day spas kept hiring a serial predator
- 'Last victim' grapples with underlying question after ex-massage therapist convicted of more assaults
- Ex-Chesterfield massage therapist convicted of sexually assaulting 5 more victims
- Massage therapist convicted of sexual battery, accused of sexually assaulting another client
- Former massage therapist at Massage Envy found guilty of sexual battery
- Why a masseur indicted for raping a client wasn't arrested until CBS 6 got involved
- Woman allegedly sexually assaulted at Short Pump Massage Envy wants safety changes
Watch for Problem Solvers Investigations Tuesdays on CBS 6 News at 11 p.m. Click here for more of our investigations or to submit a tip to the Problem Solvers.
Find unique, award-winning stories every day on CBS 6 News: