NewsLocal News

Actions

5 displaced after Chesterfield house fire

Default-Image_1280x720.jpg
Posted at 5:09 PM, Apr 02, 2020
and last updated 2020-04-02 17:13:56-04

CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. – Five people have been displaced after a house fire in Chesterfield County Thursday afternoon.

Chesterfield County Fire and EMS responded to the 1000 block of Chiswick Road for the report of a kitchen fire at 2:10 p.m.

Upon arrival, fire crews discovered fire coming from the rear of the home. Firefighters brought the fire under control in approximately 30 minutes.

There were no injuries.

Four adults and a child were displaced in the blaze and are being assisted by the Red Cross.

Fire marshals determined that the fire was accidental and caused by a pan of grease on the stove that was left unattended.

“Fire officials urge you to never leave food cooking on the stove unattended. Cooking fires are the number one cause of fires and fire-related injuries in Chesterfield County,” said Lt. Jason Elmore in a release.