Pan left on hot stove sparks Henrico house fire

Posted at 6:06 AM, Dec 16, 2015
and last updated 2015-12-16 07:26:22-05

HENRICO COUNTY, Va. — A smoke alarm was credited for helping a family of four escape an East End house fire. The fire was reported at a single-story home at about 3:38 a.m. Wednesday on Yates Lane.

“First arriving units reported smoke coming from the single story home. Inside the home fire crews found fire in the kitchen around the stove area,” Henrico Fire spokesman Lt. Danny Rosenbaum said. “The fire was stopped quickly.”

Fire investigators ruled a pan left on a hot stove started the fire.

“Working smoke alarms not only save lives they also alerted the family to the fire while it was still small, minimizing the damage to the home,” Rosenbaum said.

The CBS 6 Problem Solvers are Working For You.

Contact the CBS 6 Problem Solvers

📱 Download CBS 6 News App
The app features breaking news alerts, live video, weather radar, traffic incidents, closings and delays and more.