NewsLocal News

Actions

Virginia student passes out after eating marijuana-laced cookies

Default-Image_1280x720.jpg
Posted at 10:13 AM, Mar 08, 2020
and last updated 2020-03-08 10:13:34-04

PORTSMOUTH, Va. -- A student at Churchland High School in Portsmouth passed out after reportedly eating marijuana-laced cookies Friday, school district officials said.

The girl was reported to the office for being under the influence and then briefly lost consciousness in the school's clinic, according to a Portsmouth Public Schools spokesperson.

School officials called paramedics and the student's parents, and she was sent to the hospital.

As part of the school's investigation into the incident, a male student at Churchland High was searched and was found to be carrying the marijuana-laced cookies.

The spokesperson said appropriate disciplinary action was taken for both students.