RICHMOND, Va. -- Goochland business owners that have been impacted by COVID-19 are encouraged to apply to the Back to Business grant program for financial support during the ongoing pandemic.
On Tuesday, August 4, the Goochland County Board of Supervisors approved and appropriated funds for the new grant program. The Goochland Back to Business Grant is funded by a portion of the CARES Act funding that Goochland received from the state and is focused on reimbursing businesses the cost of complying with the Governor’s guidelines related to reopening businesses.
Allowable reimbursements can include:
- Redesign of structure or operations to meet social distancing requirements.
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and/or sanitation supplies for the business and its employees.
- Thermometers to check temperatures.
- Protective equipment for customers such as sneeze guards, social distance floor stickers, etc.
- Technological improvements (such as e-commerce platforms and point of sale software) and technological equipment (such as tablets for processing touch-free orders).
- Supplies related to change in operations, i.e. takeout/carryout containers for restaurants.
Grants range from $5,000 to $10,000 and are based on the number of employees and documented reimbursable expenses.
- 1 - 25: up to $5,000
- 26 - 49: up to $8,000
- 50 - 150: up to $10,000
All for-profit businesses with 1-150 employees with documented expenses may apply. Businesses must be in business over 1-year, with principal place of business physically in Goochland County, and have a valid business license (or be exempt from requirement).
Independent contractor and sole proprietors are eligible as well if they live in Goochland County, operate their business as sole proprietor, pay self-employment tax, are not currently receiving unemployment benefits, and have a valid 2020 Business license (or be exempt from requirement).
Grants will be awarded on a first-come-first-served basis based on a fully completed application with documented reimbursement requests and businesses may apply more than once if they make additional purchases.
The application portal is scheduled to open on August 20, 2020 and remain open until December 1, 2020 or until funds are depleted.
All Goochland businesses are encouraged to visit http://www.GoochlandForBusiness.com/241/COVID-19-Business-Information [goochlandforbusiness.com],call Goochland County Economic Development at (804) 556-5862 or email them at GochlandForBusiness@goochlandva.us to learn more.