Family homeless after fire condemns Richmond home

Posted at 11:09 AM, Nov 29, 2020
and last updated 2020-11-29 11:19:38-05

RICHMOND, Va. -- A fire condemned a family's home Saturday evening on Richmond's Southside.

Crews were called to the home in the 100 block of Larne Avenue just after 6:30 p.m.

Firefighters spotted "heavy smoke and fire present from the residence," according to a post on the fire department's Facebook page.

Officials said everyone was outside when firefighters arrived.

"The fire is now under control," crews posted just after 7:35 p.m.

No one was injured, according to officials.

There is no word yet on what sparked the fire.

This is a developing story, so anyone with more information can email to send a tip.



Watch 'The Jennifer Hudson Show' weekdays at 3 p.m. on CBS 6!

📱 Download CBS 6 News App
The app features breaking news alerts, live video, weather radar, traffic incidents, closings and delays and more.