RICHMOND, Va. -- Nearly 1,300 additional COVID-19 patients were discharged from Virginia hospitals over the past week, according to data from the Virginia Hospital & Healthcare Association (VHHA).
The VHHA reported a total of 78,546 hospitalized COVID-19 patients have been discharged Sunday, an increase from 77,256 (+1,290) patients from last Sunday's update.
The data is a look into COVID-19 recoveries in Virginia. While the data isn't an exact recovery statistic, the discharge category shows how many COVID-19 patients were hospitalized and released.
However, hospitalizations have increased in Virginia over the past seven days.
As of Sunday, there are currently 2,405 patients in hospitals who are either positive or whose test results are pending, up from 1,634 (+771) last Sunday, according to the VHHA. Officials said 2,149 (+624) of those patients have COVID-19 while 256 (+147) have tests pending.
VHHA's 7-day moving average of current COVID-19 hospitalizations sits at 2,082 as of Sunday. That is up 521 from 1,561 last Sunday.
The VHHA's online data dashboard provides up-to-date statistics daily on the number of COVID-19 hospitalizations across the Commonwealth, ventilator usage, and current hospital bed availability.
The VHHA collects and collates data supplied by member hospitals as part of COVID-19 situational preparedness and response efforts.
💉WTVR.COM IN-DEPTH: Tracking COVID-19 Omicron Surge in Virginia
- LIVE UPDATES: 18,300+ new cases reported Friday, Jan. 7, 2022
- Virginia COVID-19 hospitalizations hit record high of 3,300+ Friday
- County-by-county look at COVID-19 cases in Virginia; which areas saw biggest spikes last week
- CDC: Those who got Pfizer vax should get booster after 5 months
- CDC authorizes Pfizer boosters for children 12 to 15
- Where the CDC stands with isolation, quarantine and booster shot recommendations
- Unvaxxed are bulk of Virginia COVID hospitalizations; people with mild symptoms told to avoid ERs
- Updated map lets you check COVID-19 vaccination rates where you live
- Richmond, Henrico health departments to give out 3,600 at-home COVID tests
- Virginia smashes record for 3rd straight day with 17,600+ COVID cases
- Northam addresses record-high COVID case numbers in Virginiay
- Doctors warn about false negatives when taking at-home COVID-19 tests
- CDC: Avoid travel on cruise ships, regardless of vaccination status