RICHMOND, Va. – As summer time approaches, so does the Washington Redskins Training Camp in the River City.
Richmond will once again host the Redskins Training Camp which runs from July 28 to August 14 at the Bon Secours Washington Redskins Training Center, located at 2401 W. Leigh Street.
The City is looking for 250 volunteers to serve as Training Camp Ambassadors during the event. Under the Ambassador program there will be three categories, fan experience, security, and captains.
For each category of Ambassador, there will be two shifts available.
For Fan Experience Ambassadors, the morning shift will be from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. and the afternoon shift will be from 1 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
For Security Ambassadors, the morning shift will be from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. and the afternoon shift will be from 1 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
For Ambassador Captains, the morning shift will be from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. and the afternoon shift will be from 12:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Some dates with only have a single practice which will result in only one shift.
There is no minimum shift requirement to be considered for a position. All volunteers will receive the following general incentives:
- Volunteer recognition certificate
- Free Redskins hat and t-shirt
- Redskins Game Viewing event at the Training Center for Ambassadors (Monday, Sept 12)
- Discount at the Redskins Merchandise Tent
- Discount with Training Camp food vendors
- Opportunity for discounts at “Passport to Richmond“ Vendors (Program under development)
Richmond Training Camp Ambassadors that reach specific benchmarks will receive the following rewards:
- 6 Shifts: Opportunity to attend an exclusive autograph session with Redskins players and coaches
- 9 Shifts: Redskins Panel Football
- 12 Shifts: Ambassador’s choice of two upper level tickets and a parking pass to the 2016 Redskins home game against the Cleveland Browns on October 2 or against the Minnesota Vikings on November 13
For more details about the program click here.
To register to become a Richmond Training Camp Ambassador click here.