RICHMOND, Va. — The dates have been announced for the 2016 Wizard World Richmond Comic Con, tickets are on sale, and some dedicated cosplayers have already begun brainstorming the winningest costumes.
Wizard World is the production company behind over 20 comic con events nationwide this year. This year the Richmond show will run from Sept. 9 -11.
The first Richmond one was held in September 2014, the last in July 2015. There seemed to be more fans at the first one, though Wizard World folks never talk numbers. It would make sense to host the event when Virginia Commonwealth University is in session.
Some guests have already been announced, though be warned that the lineup often changes — up to the last minute. Seeing as the event is over 130 days away, there is plenty of time for the final lineup to take shape and to get tickets.
According to the website, so far James Marsters of “Buffy” and “Angel” fame, “Hercules” Kevin Sorbo, “Mighty Morphin Power Ranger” Jason David Frank, “Crow” creator James O’Barr, “Incredible Hulk” Lou Ferrigno, and “Firefly”and “Serenity” star Jewel Staite are slated to appear.
The main room at the Greater Richmond Convention Center, a massive 200,000 square foot venue, will be full of artists and creators drawing, taking special orders and sometimes autographing purchases.
Artists are listed here.
Meet and greets with celebrities also takes place in the main room, where most celebrities offer autographs and photo opportunities with prices ranging.
The schedule and prices will be posted on the website as the event day gets closer.
The main room is also where the audience can find for sale movies, clothes, comics, toys, video gaming, games, graphic novels, horror, original art, collectibles, anime, manga and more.
Friday, Sept. 9, 2016 – 3 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 10, 2016 – 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 11, 2016 – 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
• Important: bring your printed out e-admissions to the event to gain admittance.
• Up to 2 children 10 and under get in free when accompanied by a paid adult
• 3-day weekend admissions are: $75 in advance & $85 on-site
• 1-day Friday admissions are: $35 in advance & $45 on-site
• 1-day Saturday admissions are: $45 in advance & $55 on-site
• 1-day Sunday admissions are: $40 in advance & $50 on-site
• All admissions have a Richmond tax of 7.36% added at checkout
• Admissions are non-refundable.
• Admissions that are purchased from unauthorized websites (sites such as craigslist, eBay, Stubhub, etc.) will not be honored for entry
• Wristbands are non-transferable (e.g. If you buy a 3-day admission, you may not remove your wristband and re-attach to someone else)
• Credit card will be charged at time of purchase.
• Autograph fees may be required for some guests.
• Talent subject to change.