RICHMOND, Va. -- The Colonial Downs Group announced Friday that Rosie’s Gaming Emporiums in Richmond and three other Virginia locations will reopen on July 1, the start of Phase Three of the reopening.
Opening in summer 2019, the Richmond Rosie’s location at 6807 Midlothian Turnpike, closed March 15 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Upon reopening, Rosie's will implement an “Extra Care” program with dozens of new medical and sanitation policies in accordance with recommendations from the CDC and OSHA.
Those procedures include:
· Face coverings required for all guests and team members.
· All guests and team members will have their temperature screened prior to entry. No one with a confirmed temperature of 100.4 or above will be allowed entry.
· Crowd shields have been installed at all guest service stations.
· Rearranged public areas (gaming areas, restaurant seating, betting terminals) and team member workstations have been rearranged to provide adequate physical distancing.
· Significant investment in advanced cleaning and sanitizing equipment.
· Established rigorous cleaning protocols and training.
· Invested more than $500,000 in resources for our mitigation efforts.
“We have witnessed unprecedented times. We have spent this time planning and preparing to welcome back guests and team members to our facilities. We have studied best practices across the country, consulted with public health officials, and put together a thorough and rigorous system of actions and policies that should give our valued guests and team members peace of mind as they return to Rosie’s,” said Aaron Gomes, Chief Operating Officer for Colonial Downs Group noted.
Rosie’s will reopen locations in Richmond, Hampton, New Kent and Vinton on July 1.
For more information about the “Extra Care” program, click here.