CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. -- The community will rally next weekend to honor Cannon Hinnant, the 5-year-old North Carolina boy who was allegedly killed by his neighbor in August.
Police said a neighbor walked up and shot the boy in front of his sisters while they played outside.
Twenty-five-year-old Darius Sessoms was charged with first-degree murder and Cannon's family is left searching for answers in his death.
Cannon’s family members who live in Central Virginia have organized the event for families.
"Ride On Cannon" will take place next Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Harry G. Daniel Park off Iron Bridge Road in Chesterfield County.
There will be live music, food trucks and a prize raffle, according to organizers.
- Authorities capture suspect in 5-year-old's fatal shooting
- Father mourning 5-year-old son who was shot, killed in yard: 'He lit up the room'
- Cannon Hinnant's dad speaks out about neighbor accused of killing his son
- Powhatan vigil will honor slain 5-year-old North Carolina boy
- Vigil honors slain North Carolina boy Cannon Hinnant: 'Say his name'