CAROLINE COUNTY, Va. -- Three people were injured in a gas explosion at a Caroline County restaurant Thursday afternoon.
Deputies say the explosion occurred at the Crossroads 30/301 restaurant, located at 31286 Richmond Turnpike in Doswell.
Sheriff's investigators say it was just after 12:30 p.m. when a propane gas explosion happened inside the kitchen of the restaurant which was closed at the time.
All three people in the kitchen were injured.
Investigators say the flash fire damaged the kitchen and several people rushed in to render medical aide to the victims until Caroline and Hanover County Fire and EMS arrived on scene.
Firefighter doused the fire and ventilated the building to get the smoke out.
One person was transported to Chippenham Hospital via MedFlight helicopter. That person's injuries are considered life-threatening. The other two burn victims were transported by ambulance to VCU Medical Center.
The fire is still under investigation.
Stay with CBS 6 for the latest on this developing story.