Actions

Crews responding to gas leak on VCU’s campus, students warned to stay indoors

Posted at 11:34 PM, Feb 20, 2019

RICHMOND, Va. — Virginia Commonwealth University has lifted a hazardous materials emergency.

Students were told to stay indoors due to a hazardous materials emergency.

Crews responded to a gas leak at the 900 block of W. Franklin St. near VCU’s freshman dorms,according to a VCU alert sent around 11 p.m. Wednesday.

CBS6-News-at-4pm-and-Jennifer-Hudson-480x360.jpg

Entertainment

Watch 'The Jennifer Hudson Show' weekdays at 3 p.m. on CBS 6!

📱 Download CBS 6 News App
The app features breaking news alerts, live video, weather radar, traffic incidents, closings and delays and more.