NewsLocal News

Actions

Bedroom incense sparks Chesterfield house fire

Posted at 8:01 PM, Jun 01, 2016
and last updated 2016-06-02 06:46:33-04

CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. – Chesterfield fire crews responded to a house fire in Midlothian's Brandermill neighborhood Wednesday evening.

Fire crews put out the second-story fire at a home in the 3200 block of Regatta Pointe Court.

Chesterfield Fire officials said the family who lived in the home and their pets were not home when the fire started.

An investigation revealed the house fire was started by incense burning inside an upstairs bedroom. Officials said there was extensive fire damage on the second floor of the home.

The first floor suffered water damage during the fire.

The family that lives at the home has been displaced and is being assisted by the Red Cross.