Furnace fire blamed for blaze that displaced two in Henrico’s East End

Posted at 7:39 AM, Apr 06, 2016
and last updated 2016-04-06 07:43:33-04

HENRICO COUNTY, Va -- Two people were displaced after a fire broke out in an East End home Tuesday night.

The call came in at around 11:40 p.m. Firefighters were called to a home in the 2400 block of Caddie Lane, near I-64.  They arrived to find smoke coming from the home.

Crews found the fire on the first floor, by the furnace. They were able to get it under control in about 20 minutes.


No one was inside the home at the time, and no one was hurt. The two people who were displaced did not request help from outside agencies.

Firefighters said the cause of the fire was accidental, and it may have begun in the furnace.

The CBS 6 Problem Solvers are Working For You.

Contact the CBS 6 Problem Solvers

📱 Download CBS 6 News App
The app features breaking news alerts, live video, weather radar, traffic incidents, closings and delays and more.