CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. -- An area Kroger has launched a new service that will let shoppers shop and order groceries online and then pick-up the items at the store.
The new service is called Kroger’s ClickList. This is the first of its kind in the Richmond area and the first for Kroger on the East Coast.
The first store to launch ClickList is the Kroger Marketplace in Chester, located at 10800 Iron Bridge Road. The company says they plan to expand online ordering to most of the chains 17 other area stores by the end of the year.
The store says the ordering service offers more than 40,000 items, including fresh meat and produce, with new items added every week.
There is a $4.95 online shopping fee, but Kroger is running an introductory special and waiving the fee for a customer’s first three orders.
To shop, customers can visit http://www.kroger.com/onlineshopping, create an account and then select the nearest ClickList location.
Additional ClickList details include:
- Customers will visit Kroger.com/onlineshopping
- A service charge of $4.95 is added to the total
- Hours are from 7 a.m. – 8 p.m. daily
- Orders placed before midnight are available for pick-up the next day at a specific time chosen by the customer.
- Payment is made at time of pick-up, right from the customer’s car.
- Coupons electronically linked to a customer’s loyalty card will automatically redeem to reduce the cost of the order.
- Paper coupons will be deducted at time of pick up.
- If an item is not available, store associates will offer a substitution to the customer, which the customer may accept or decline.
- Pharmacy prescriptions are not included in the program.