HENRICO, Va. – The man wanted in connection to a Henrico County home invasion surrendered to law enforcement on Sept. 30.
Howard Willis was served with outstanding warrants upon his surrender. Police had identified the 32-year-old man as one of the suspects, a second man are still at large.
Willis frequents the Gilpin Court housing projects, but officers said they had been able to track him down. They thanked the media for their assistance in spreading the word about Willis.
The two victims in the home invasion were senior citizens; one is bed-ridden, the other’s in a wheelchair.
James Costello, 79, and Sharon Fusco, 70, were victimized inside their Elfstone Lane home, off Mechanicsville Turnpike.
“He threw me out of my wheelchair onto the floor and beat the hell out of me,” said Costello. “Then he pulled my shirt and ripped it and took and took the money out of my pocket.”
“They took $700 and some,” said Costello. “It was my rent money.”
Physically, Costello said the pain has subsided, but he expressed a desire to move because emotionally, they’re nervous and unable to fight intruders off.
Costello is also worried how he will pay this month’s rent.
“Make sure you keep your doors locked because in this case the door was unlocked,” said Henrico Police spokesman Lt. Chris Eley.