RICHMOND, Va. — If ever you needed a promise of warmer days ahead, the Flying Squirrels have released their 2015 season schedule, including promotions and fireworks nights.
In addition to promises of cotton candy, squirrely fries and hotdogs, you can count on a tribute to Betty White, a Star Wars night and a Baywatch jersey auction — in addition to all the other promotional events they have schemed up this year.
Oh, and 71 games of baseball.
That includes 21 nights of fireworks and 11 free shirt Fridays. Thursday and Saturday fireworks will offer different, dazzling displays. Saturdays fireworks shows will last twice as long as last year, management promises. Superblast Saturdays will be shot off beyond the right field wall. Thursday night fireworks will feature close proximity blasts shot directly from the field.
Happy Hour drink specials will be available between 5:30 and 7:30 p.m. on Fridays.
You can check out the full schedule here.
The highlights (from their press release) include:
- Fireworks every Thursday and Saturday
- Opening Night on April 9th “Dueling Fireworks Extravaganza”
- Free Shirt Fridays and Happy Hour for all 11 Friday night contests. A different Squirrels themed shirt will be given to the first 1,000 fans and Happy Hour drink specials will be available from 5:30-7:30p.m.
- Tribute to the Golden Girls/Betty White’s 1/2 Bday Party ZOOperstars Appearance (June 23rd)
- In honor of the Giants: World Series Replica Ring (April 28th) Hunter Strickland Bobblehead (July 7th) and a Joe Panik “Panic Button” (July 21st).
- Squirrels Tails Kids Club Sundays featuring giveaways such as the Nutzy Pillowcase (April 12th), Nutzy Toothbrush Holder presented by The Children’s Hospital at VCU (May 24th), and the always popular Nutzy Cape Giveaway (August 2nd).
- Star Wars Night (August 1st)