HANOVER COUNTY, Va. — An Ashland family of six is without a place to live after their home went up in flames Thursday afternoon.
The fire broke out just after 3:55 p.m. in the 14000 block of Country Club Drive.
“Upon arrival, fire crews found a single-family home with fire coming from the rear of the structure,” Battalion Chief Jason Williams said in a news release.
Firefighters worked for about 45 minutes to extinguish the blaze.
The Hanover Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating what sparked the fire.