RICHMOND, Va. -- Unemployment in Virginia is at 6.2 percent. That's up 3.5 points compared to this time last year, according to the Virginia Employment Commission.
If you're looking for a job, Kroger is hiring. The grocer is looking to fill 140 part-time and full-time positions at six stores in Central Virginia at its virtual job fair on October 29 from 11:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
"We are looking forward to just getting an opportunity to connect with people virtually. This gives us a way to connect that's safe and speak about some opportunities that we have in our stores," said Tessa Dalton, Senior Field Trainer for Kroger's Human Resources department.
Those attending the event can apply for open positions at the following stores:
- 9480 West Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23294
- 14101 Midlothian Turnpike, Midlothian, VA 23113
- 1510 Eastridge Road, Richmond, VA 23229
- 9351 Atlee Road, Mechanicsville, VA 23116
- 9000 Staples Mill Road, Henrico, VA 23228
- 10800 Iron Bridge Road, Chester, VA 23831
You can apply for jobs at Kroger on their store website. Once you apply online, you will be emailed information for Thursday's virtual interviews.