HENRICO COUNTY, Va. -- A Henrico business with a surplus of surgical disposable masks is giving them away to seniors this weekend.
Craig Rasmusson, the founder of Active Medicare Solutions, said he has already supplied masks to first responders and hospitals, so he wants to offer the overflow to seniors.
"One of the main reasons we're doing this is as we're calling our clients, we're finding out their level of anxiety and fear is extremely high right now," Rasmusson explained.
The giveaway will take place this Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Henrico location at the corner of Three Chopt and Cox roads next to the Grapevine restaurant.
Rasmusson said a tent will be staffed with volunteers wearing gloves to pass out the masks, which will be in baggies, to seniors as they drive through.
Know of a good news story happening in your community? Click here to email WTVR.com and the CBS 6 News team.
❤️Need something to lift your spirits? Discover how Virginians are working together.
Most patients with COVID-19 have mild to moderate symptoms. However, in a small proportion of patients, COVID-19 can lead to more severe illness, including death, particularly among those who are older or those who have chronic medical conditions.
COVID-19 spreads primarily through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
Symptoms include fever, cough, and difficulty breathing. Symptoms appear within 14 days of being exposed to an infectious person.
Virginia health officials urged the following precautions:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer only if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid contact with sick people.Avoid non-essential travel.