HENRICO COUNTY, Va. — A family of four has been displaced after their townhouse caught fire Saturday night in eastern Henrico County.
Fire crews were dispatched to the 300 block of Cedarwood Road off Nine Mile Road in Highland Springs at 10:40 p.m.
“Fire units arrived in 4 minutes and found smoke visible from the first floor of a townhouse,” Henrico Fire Capt. Taylor Goodman said. “Hose lines were advanced inside, where crews encountered heavy fire on the first floor. An aggressive interior attack rapidly controlled the fire, and all occupants were accounted for outside of the structure by initial arriving units.”
No one was injured.
The Red Cross has been called to help the one adult and three children who were displaced.
Fire crews, who extinguished the blaze, are working to figure out what sparked the fire.