RICHMOND, Va. -- Firefighters battled a blaze that broke out at a three-story apartment in the Oregon Hill section of the city Saturday night.
Richmond Fire spokesman Lt. Chris Armstrong said crews were dispatched to the 200 block of Cherry Street at 9:07 p.m.
When firefighters arrived, they found heavy smoke on the home's second floor.
Officials said the fire was isolated to the second-floor hallway.
Everyone had made it out safely by the time firefighters arrived.
Crews extinguished the fire and there has been no word yet what sparked the blaze.