Actions

Family escapes Southside apartment fire

Posted at 6:58 AM, Nov 12, 2015
and last updated 2015-11-12 06:58:53-05

RICHMOND, Va -- Firefighters were on scene of a house fire on Richmond's Southside Wednesday night.

Crews were called to the Midlothian Village Apartments in the 4000 block of Midlothian Turnpike just before midnight Wednesday. When they arrived, they found smoke coming from a second-floor apartment.

Two adults and a child who live in the apartment were able to escape unharmed.

Firefighters say the fire was contained to the kitchen. The cause was unattended cooking.

The CBS 6 Problem Solvers are Working For You.

Contact the CBS 6 Problem Solvers

📱 Download CBS 6 News App
The app features breaking news alerts, live video, weather radar, traffic incidents, closings and delays and more.