News

Actions

Stove sparks fire in Richmond apartment building

Default-Image_1280x720.jpg
Posted at 11:01 AM, Oct 02, 2014
and last updated 2014-10-02 11:45:10-04

Capture

RICHMOND, Va. – Smoke was seen coming out of an apartment building on the Boulevard in Richmond early Thursday morning.

It happened around 5:30 a.m. near the intersection of South Boulevard and Grayland Avenue.

The fire was contained to one apartment on the second floor, and investigators believe the fire may have originated from the stove.

Officials marked the fire under control within an hour.

No injuries were reported.