News

Actions

Bad extension cord sparked Chesterfield house fire

Default-Image_1280x720.jpg
Posted at 10:46 AM, Feb 10, 2014
and last updated 2014-02-10 10:46:34-05

CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WTVR) – A bad extension cord hooked up to a bedroom space heater sparked Saturday’s house fire in Chesterfield, according to the Chesterfield County Fire Marshals Office.

Two people who were inside the home along the 5200 block of West Hundred Rd. were able to make it out of the house alive. One person was treated for smoke inhalation, Chesterfield Fire and EMS spokesman Lt. Jason Elmore said in an email.

“Fire crews arrived on scene to find heavy fire conditions throughout the house,” Elmore said. “It took fire crews approximately 25 minutes to get the fire under control.”

Crews were called to the fire about 2 p.m. on Saturday.