RICHMOND, Va. (WTVR) – Lamb of God singer Randy Blythe is out of prison and on his way home to Richmond, Va.
Lamb of God manager Larry Mazer confirmed Blythe’s release on bond to CBS 6 via email Friday morning.
Blythe was held in a Czech Repubic prison for more than a month after being seized at the Prague airport when his band arrived for a show there in late June.[CLICK HERE: More Randy Blythe coverage]
Blythe is accused of fatally injuring a fan he allegedly threw off the stage there two years ago. Despite paying almost half a million in bail, the Czech judicial system–vastly different from the U.S. system–kept Blythe imprisoned as bail was denied several times by the prosecutor.
Adrenaline PR released notice of a show date for Lamb of God and possible rescheduling of its 2012 tour:
After five weeks in a prison in Prague in the Czech Republic, Randy Blythe has been released on bail and is returning to the United States. Although LAMB OF GOD has cancelled their summer co-headline tour with Dethklok, the band has agreed to play the KNOTFEST shows on August 17th in Council Bluffs, Iowa and August 18th in Somerset, Wisconsin.
The band is currently targeting October 26th as the start date for a U.S tour. Dates and cities will be released as soon as possible. Randy will be making a public statement discussing his time in Prague and thanking fans worldwide for their support in the next week.
- Randy Blythe’s bail challenged again, upcoming tour in question
- HOLMBERG: Famous Richmond heavy metal singer Randy Blythe locked up in a famously heavy place
- Lawyer: Randy Blythe should be out any day now
- Report: Randy Blythe bail doubled
- Lamb of God’s Randy Blythe talks about life in Czech jail
- Randy Blythe vigil planned outside Supreme Court
- Judges to review Lamb of God singer’s case, next week
- U.S. Dept. of State says no comment on jailed Lamb of God singer
- Lamb of God singer Blythe formally denied bail, remains in jail
- REPORT: Complaint filed, Lamb of God singer remains jailed
- Richmond rallies for Lamb of God singer Randy Blythe
- GWAR’s Dave Brockie goes off on Randy Blythe’s detention in Czech Republic