Victim’s mom: ‘What he took from us we can never get back’

Posted at 1:42 PM, Mar 14, 2012
and last updated 2012-03-14 14:00:03-04

HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WTVR) - Tiffany Lakesha Green was shot and killed early Tuesday morning, allegedly at the hands of her former boyfriend.

Tiffany’s mother talked with CBS 6 News Wednesday about her daughter’s ex, Alvin Rashawn Marshall, 19.

The victim’s mother said her daughter's relationship with Marshall turned rocky in the months prior to Tiffany’s death.

“She loved life, she lived life and to find out something like this happened to her she did not deserve it," said Tiffany Green’s mother Sheila Green.

Green is living a mother’s worst nightmare, after learning her oldest daughter was shot to death early Tuesday morning. [READ MORE: Police have murder suspect Alvin Marshall in custody]

“I woke up thinking, man I had a big nightmare last night,” said Green.  “But I pinched myself and it wasn't a dream, it was reality."

Police said Green’s 21-year-old daughter was shot nearly half-a-dozen times, after a domestic dispute escalated.  Authorities have since arrested Marshall for the crime.

"I would definitely want him to know he destroyed my granddaughter’s life," said Green.

Tiffany leaves behind a 5-year-old daughter, who was inside the apartment when her mother was gunned down.  Sheila, along with her family, is on a mission to make sure the memory of Tiffany—affectionately known as Punkin’—lives on.

"I'm stronger than this and I'm going to keep standing," said Green.

Tiffany’s cousin Geneva Coleman said the two of them had a sisterly bond.

"She wanted to go to the beach this summer,” said Coleman. “She loved the beach but we won't be able to go to the beach."

Green is now feeling some relief knowing the man accused of killing her daughter is behind bars after going on the run.

“The pain in my heart that I had when he was running the streets and she has gone away, this is the first step,” said Green. “There are many more to come and I'm going to be there every step of the way."

Alvin Marshall was expected t o be arraigned Wednesday in Henrico County Court, but the Commonwealth’s attorney confirmed Marshall was being treated at VCU Medical Center.  The suspected shooter will be arraigned at a later time.