‘Heating source’ may have started Church Hill house fire

Posted at 6:55 AM, Mar 05, 2012
and last updated 2012-03-05 07:05:04-05

RICHMOND, Va. (WTVR) -Two men lost their home as a result of an early morning house fire in the Church Hill neighborhood of Richmond, Virginia.

Neighbors told CBS 6 reporter Jerrita Patterson the men are brothers who are hearing and speech impaired. Both men made it out of the home and are staying with neighbors.

"It is scary. I was concerned about them being trapped up in that house," said neighbor George Bey. "We know them, so I brought them to our house until their family gets here."

Richmond Fire Captain William Martin said it appears the fire started with a heating source. But he added the official cause of the fire will not be known until their investigation is complete.

The fire, along the 400 block of 27th Street, started around 5:00 a.m. Monday morning.

This is a developing story.

Refresh this page and watch CBS 6 News for updates.

Click here to watch the CBS live web stream.