RICHMOND, Va. -- Lamb can be time consuming and difficult to cook. In this segment. Health food blogger and author, Erika Schlick is here with her simple, easy and delicious recipe for “Patagonia Lamb”, an herb-crusted leg of lamb. For more delicious recipes, visit Erika’s website.
1 lb butterflied lamb leg steak (order grass-fed meat fromButcher Box (discount varies) orUS Wellness Meats (15% off first 2 orders) with code TRAILTOHEALTH)
½ cup extra virginolive oil (use code TRAILTOHEALTH for 10% off)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Zest of 1 lemon
1 teaspoongarlic powder
1 teaspoononion powder
1 teaspoonsea salt
1 bunch fresh parley, chopped
4 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
3 tablespoons fresh thyme, de-stemmed and chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 F (177 C).
2.Whisk theolive oil with the parsley, rosemary, thyme, garlic, lemon juice and zest until combined.
3. Place the lamb in aroasting pan and evenlyspread the herb marinade over the top to coat.
4. Roast the lamb for about 15-20 minutes andcheck the temperature to see if it has reached a doneness of 135 F (57 C). If it hasn’t, continue cooking in 5-minute increments until it reaches 135 F (57 C).
5. Once cooked, let the lamb rest for 10 minutes before slicing into strips against the grain.
6. Serve with theDaily Salad, orRoasted Rosemary Potatoes. If serving with a salad useRosemary Citrus Herb Dressing.