PETERSBURG, Va. -- Richard Bland College of William & Mary is providing students and community members free WiFi access.
Anyone needing to connect to wifi can go to the parking lot outside Maze Hall on Johnson Road.
The College has expanded access to help provide Internet service for those without connectivity during the COVID-19 pandemic.
“We understand that every home may not have dependable Internet access, and RBC wants to ensure that all of our students, and the community, can complete studies or other important daily tasks that require reliable service,” says Lashrecse Aird, Chief of Staff.
Details of RBC’s WiFi access are as follows:
- WiFi use is available for Richard Bland College students and the community.
- A limited number of tables are available on the perimeter of the Maze parking lot for outside WiFi access.
- Visitors are encouraged to remain in their vehicles while accessing WiFi. Those who choose to use outside space must follow CDC guidelines on social distancing.
- Speed of WiFi is affected by the number of connections at any given time. Each session is limited to one hour.
- Users accessing RBC’s WiFI are responsible for their own devices. The College is unable to provide technical support.
- Power for charging devices is not available.
- Public restrooms are not available.
- The College Police Department provides continuous patrol and video surveillance to provide a safe environment. To contact Campus Police, call 804-862-6111.