HENRICO COUNTY, Va. -- A Henrico County man is facing multiple charges after an investigation of his home closed down a portion of a West End neighborhood.
On March 17, law enforcement and fire officials blocked off and evacuated a neighborhood in Tuckahoe for over 24 hours after they went to serve a warrant at a home located at 7200 Durwood Crescent and got concerned about "potentially hazardous materials" once inside.
During the course of the investigation, over 100 items of evidence were cataloged. Much of the evidence included drugs, firearms and bomb-making materials found in the home, according to court documents.
52-year-old Michael O. Hardy is now facing 17 felony charges and six misdemeanor charges in connection to what they found inside.
- Manufacture/possession of explosive device - Class 5 felony, 9 total
- Possession of illegal fireworks - Class 1 misdemeanor, 6 total
- Possession with intent to distribute controlled substance, crack cocaine - Felony, 1 total
- Possession with intent to distribute controlled substance, Xanax - Felony, 1 total
- Possession with intent to distribute controlled substance, Fentanyl - Felony 1 total
- Manufacture controlled substance, crack cocaine - Felony, 1 total
- Setting spring gun or other deadly weapon - Class 6 felony, 1 total
- Maintaining a fortified drug house - Class 5 felony, 1 total
- Possession of firearms will illegally manufacturing or distributing a Schedule I or II controlled substance - Class 6 felony, 1 total
The investigation that led police to the home stemmed from a domestic case from March 16 where Hardy was arrested for the alleged strangulation and assault of a 21-year-old, who also was arrested for outstanding warrants.
Both lived in the Durwood home, and records show the two had been issued a marriage license weeks ago, but had not used it yet.
Police had been called to the home 47 times in the past five years with 20 police reports as a result. The documents stated that Hardy told police in the past that he had multiple guns, including assault rifles in the home and was a former member of the military.
Hardy is currently being held at Henrico County Jail.
Depend on CBS 6 News and WTVR.com for in-depth coverage of this important local story. Anyone with more information can email firstname.lastname@example.org to send a tip.