RICHMOND, Va. -- Health department officials confirmed Friday that four restaurants have temporarily lost their permits after violating COVID-19 safety guidelines.
Those establishments include: Good Tymes RVA, Cornerstone Bar & Restaurant, Slingshot Social Game Club and Therapy.
Richmond Health Director Dr. Danny Avula said the businesses ignored Phase 3 guidelines, including the governor's mask mandate.
Avula said that before a business is shut down, owners will receive a warning from the health department.
Most patients with COVID-19 have mild to moderate symptoms. However, in a small proportion of patients, COVID-19 can lead to more severe illness, including death, particularly among those who are older or those who have chronic medical conditions.
COVID-19 spreads primarily through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
Symptoms include fever, cough, and difficulty breathing. Symptoms appear within 14 days of being exposed to an infectious person.
Virginia health officials urged the following precautions:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer only if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid contact with sick people.
- Avoid non-essential travel.