CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. -- The Chesterfield Health Department has scheduled another round of free COVID-19 testing in June:
Tuesday, June 2, 2020 at 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Bellwood Flea Market
9201 Jefferson Davis Highway
Wednesday, June 10, 2020 at 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Falling Creek Ironworks Park
6407 Jefferson Davis Highway
Wednesday, June 17, 2020 at 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Stonebridge Recreation Center
230 Karl Linn Drive
“Testing is for individuals who have COVID-19 symptoms and is free for uninsured or underinsured persons,” a county spokesperson said. “While some appointments will be reserved for walk-ups that morning, testing is limited and appointments should be made prior to arriving.”
Call the Chesterfield Health Department at 804-318-8207.
Most patients with COVID-19 have mild to moderate symptoms. However, in a small proportion of patients, COVID-19 can lead to more severe illness, including death, particularly among those who are older or those who have chronic medical conditions.
COVID-19 spreads primarily through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
Symptoms include fever, cough, and difficulty breathing. Symptoms appear within 14 days of being exposed to an infectious person.
Virginia health officials urged the following precautions:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer only if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid contact with sick people.Avoid non-essential travel.