CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. – A daycare worker in Chesterfield County has tested positive for COVID-19.
In an email, the Childcare Network notified families of a possible COVID-19 exposure at the school, located at 8210 Walmsley Boulevard, off Hull Street.
In the message, Childcare Network President Michelle Jones wrote that they learned Monday that a staff member tested positive for COVID-19.
That that member was last in the building on Friday, June 12, according to Jones.
“Prior to and since then, our school has followed the rigorous health and safety protocols to guard against transmission, including screening for symptoms and cleaning/disinfecting frequently throughout each day,” Jones wrote.
“We ask that you continue to monitor your children for symptoms and per our safety screening, refrain from attending if required. Call your doctor if you or your child develop symptoms.”
The daycare says they will open as usual on Tuesday, June 16.
The condition of the daycare worker has not been released at this time.
Stay with CBS 6 for the latest on this developing story.
Most patients with COVID-19 have mild to moderate symptoms. However, in a small proportion of patients, COVID-19 can lead to more severe illness, including death, particularly among those who are older or those who have chronic medical conditions.
COVID-19 spreads primarily through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
Symptoms include fever, cough, and difficulty breathing. Symptoms appear within 14 days of being exposed to an infectious person.
Virginia health officials urged the following precautions:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer only if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid contact with sick people.Avoid non-essential travel.