RICHMOND, Va. – Executive Chef Ausar AriAnkh of The Kitchen Magician Catering Company shares his delicious BBQ Chicken Salad recipe! For more information about The Kitchen Magician Catering Services, visitwww.kitchenmagiciancatering.com
BBQ Chicken Salad
- 3 cups cooked chicken cubed
- 1/2 cup of BBQ Sauce
- 6 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup corn, roasted and cut off the cob
- 1 15 ounces can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 cup jicama diced
- ½ cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- ½ cup cheddar cheese Shredded
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/2 cup green onions thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups tortilla strips
Ranch Dressing Recipe
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon finely cracked pepper
- freshly squeezed lemon juice to taste
- Whisk together the mayo, sour cream and milk until smooth.
- Add the spices and whisk until combined.
- Add the lemon and whisk again.
- Pour into a jar and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Plate up Salad
- Place the lettuce in a large bowl and toss with 1/2 cup of the ranch dressing.
- Toss the chicken in the BBQ sauce and place it on top of the lettuce.
- Arrange the corn, beans, tomatoes, jicama, cheese, avocado, green onions and tortilla strips over the lettuce.
- Drizzle with the remaining 1/4 cup of ranch dressing and serve.