NewsLocal News

Actions

Gas grill sparks Chesterfield house fire

Default-Image_1280x720.jpg
Posted at 5:33 AM, May 04, 2018
and last updated 2018-05-04 07:23:47-04

CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. — Chesterfield firefighters responded to an early morning house fire Friday.

The fire was reported at about 2:30 a.m. Friday at a home on Ridgerun Road.

Investigators said a gas grill the family used Thursday night was still hot and sparked a fire.

The fire burned the home’s back deck and crawl space before firefighters extinguished the fire.

A smoke detector alerted the family to the fire. There were no injuries reported.