RIO DE JANEIRO — Behind the Olympic athletes, in breaks between rounds, and on the sidelines, there are people doing odd jobs that make the show run in Rio.
Here are five of the weirdest (but necessary) jobs we’ve seen at the Olympic Games so far.
1. The people who literally hold up the cyclists at the start of the race
2. The lifeguards for Olympic divers (and swimmers)
3. The guy who has to mop the street after a race
4. The person who was to climb a ladder to clean the velodrome
5. The ones who have to rake the sand in between rounds at beach volleyball