WTVR-TV Advergame How to Win / Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Sweepstakes is open only to legal U.S. residents, 18 years or older and residing in Virginia at the time of entry. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED AND OUTSIDE VIRGINIA..
1. Sweepstakes Name: WTVR-TV Advergame (the “Sweepstakes”)
2. Sweepstakes Dates/Registration Period: The Sweepstakes is scheduled to begin 5/8/2016 at 12:00am EST and end 6/5/2016 at 11:59pm EST (the “Registration Period”). Sponsors’ clock shall be the official time piece of the Sweepstakes.
WTVR-TV (“Sponsor”), its subsidiaries and affiliated companies, will conduct the Sweepstakes substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
3. How to Enter – Online Registration
To enter, visit http://wtvr.com during the Registration Period and click the Sweepstakes link. Each contestant will be given a set of trivia questions and puzzles. A contestant is not required to answer any of the trivia questions or puzzles correct to enter the Sweepstakes for a chance to win the grand prize.
Alternate Entry: To register for the Sweepstakes without playing the game, simply click the following link which will direct you to the Sweepstakes registration page: http://www.mdmgames.com/sciencemuseumva2016/register.aspx. Any entrant who advances to the Sweepstakes registration page will be required to enter their name, address, birth date, phone number, valid email address and answer the Sponsors’ survey question.
Maximum of one entry per person or per valid email address during the Sweepstakes period. Each participant must submit an entry on their own behalf. Any entry submitted by a contestant on behalf of another individual or using another person’s email address or name will be disqualified and ineligible to claim any prize. All eligible contestants must register using a valid email address. Any entry submitted with an invalid email address will be disqualified.
Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods void that participant’s entries and that participant may be disqualified. No mechanically reproduced or automated entries permitted. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsors and their subsidiaries and affiliates are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations or for any entry not submitted or received due to any technical error or failure, unauthorized human intervention, inaccurate capture or mis-entry of any required information, or the failure to capture any such information or effects of hackers or failure of any electronic equipment, computer transmissions and/or network connections, which will be disqualified.
All eligible entries must be submitted and received by during the Registration Period. Any entry submitted after the close of the Registration Period, or any entry not received by the close of the Registration Period for any reason will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. All received entries become the property of the Sponsors and will not be returned.
5. How to Play – Grand Prize Contest
On or about 6/6/2016 the Sweepstakes Administrator shall conduct a random drawing from among all eligible entries received to select one Grand Prize Winner. Only the (1) selected Winner shall be eligible to claim the Grand Prize. Winner selection is non-transferable. Sweepstakes Administrator will attempt to notify the potential Grand Prize Winner by phone at the number provided on their online registration form. If after two attempts over a 48 hour period at the number listed on the registration form, the Sweepstakes Administrator is unable to reach and speak directly with the potential winner, then that winner will be disqualified and is not eligible to claim the Grand Prize t. The Sweepstakes Administrator shall then randomly select an alternate winner from among all remaining eligible entries (time permitting), and notify the selected winner per the procedures outlined above.
One Grand Prize: The contestant selected as the Grand Prize Winner will be awarded: a trip for two (2) (finalist and one (1) guest who is at least 18 years of age as of date of departure for trip destination)
Grand prize trip for two has a maximum retail value not to exceed $1,200, and includes:
• Round trip coach class airfare for two (winner and guest) from the nearest major airport to the winner’s home as designated by sponsor to the New York City metro area. Actual departure date, times and airline based upon availability and will be solely determined by sponsor;
• Roundtrip airport ground transfers between the destination airport and designated hotel
• Three (3)-days/Two (2)-nights standard hotel accommodations, double occupancy at a standard hotel as solely designated by Sponsor in the New York City metro area;
• (2) Wall Street Insider Tour tickets.
The following conditions apply to the use of the grand prize:
• Travel must be completed by December 31, 2016 and must be booked at least forty-five (45) days in advance of arrival date, or Grand Prize will be forfeited in its entirety with no compensation or substitution of prize.
• Travel arrangements must be booked through Sweepstakes Administrator;
• Sponsor reserves the right to change the designated destination airport to a different airport;
• Departure date and accommodations are subject to availability;
• Certain restrictions and block out dates apply;
• Winner and guests must travel together on the same itinerary;
• Grand Prize winner’s guest must be at least 18 years of age as of date of departure for trip destination, and will be required to execute and return a travel release form prior to prize award.
• Sponsor is not responsible for any travel delays or difficulty. If travel delays or difficulty prevent arrival in time for any and all elements of trip, sponsor is not responsible for awarding any compensation in lieu thereof.
• Any changes to completed travel arrangements, once booked, are the sole responsibility of the winner, and are solely at the winner’s expense.
• Actual value of the trip will depend on point of departure, destination and any airfare fluctuations.
• If air travel is not required due to winner’s proximity to prize location as solely determined by Sponsor, ground transportation will be substituted for round trip air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
• Trip and trip components may not be sold, traded, transferred, separated, rescheduled to dates not within the fulfillment period set forth above, or refunded;
• Trip is not redeemable for cash;
• Winner and guests are solely responsible for all costs and expenses of the prize not specified as included in these Official Rules, including but not limited to meals, tips, gratuities, hotel fees, checked baggage fees, souvenirs, ground transportation, laundry service, local and long-distance telephone calls, medical expenses, and other personal expenses;
• Sponsor not responsible for late, lost, damaged or stolen luggage.
• Winner and guests are solely responsible for obtaining (and traveling with) valid identification and any other required documents (e.g., Photo ID, valid passport, Credit Card)
• If winner elects to take prize trip without a guest, components of the Grand Prize trip will be awarded in increments/quantities suitable for the actual number of travelers and winner will not receive any compensation or substitute/alternate prize for same;
• Winner agrees to maintain his or her behavior and the behavior of all guests in accordance with all applicable laws and generally accepted social practices in connection with participation in any prize activity, including, without limitation, use of a prize. Winner understands and agrees that if winner (and/or his/her guest’s, if any) are removed from any activity at any time if the winner’s (and/or his/her guest’s, if any) behavior at any point is disruptive or may or does cause damage to person, property or otherwise violates the policies of an entity associated with this prize, in that event, winner may be required to forfeit the rest or all of his/her prize, with no substitution or compensation.
All prize awards are non-transferable and no cash redemption or prize substitution allowed, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion or as provided herein. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Failure to collect or properly claim prize in accordance with these rules will result in forfeiture of the prize. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded. Any unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Maximum retail value of all available prize awards: $1,200.
There is a maximum of (1) Grand Prize available for this Sweepstakes.
Winner, if any, must accept delivery of prize from Sponsors, or as otherwise instructed by Sponsors. All other costs related to prize delivery and acceptance is the responsibility of winner. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash redemption or prize substitution allowed, except at Sponsors sole discretion or as provided herein. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize becomes unavailable. Other restrictions may apply. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded. Any unclaimed prizes will not be awarded, except as provided herein.
All prize winners will be required to complete and return a W-9 form (if prize value exceeds $600.00), affidavit of eligibility, and liability/publicity release (Tennessee residents need not sign publicity release), and present a valid driver’s license and social security card before prize will be awarded. Winners of prizes greater than $600.00 will be issued a 1099 form reflecting the value of the prize(s) and are responsible for paying all taxes on prize(s).
Sponsors reserve the right to hold awarding the prizes if it believes these rules were violated until it has resolution. Failure to collect or properly claim any prize in accordance with these rules will result in forfeiture of the prize. If forfeited for any reason, contestant will not receive any other prize substitution or compensation. No more than the advertised maximum number of prizes will be awarded for any reason. If due to printing, production, seeding, typographical, human or other error, the number of valid prize claims received at any prize level exceeds the number of prizes intended to be awarded at such level as stated herein, Sponsors reserve the right to conduct and award the stated number of prizes for such level in a random drawing from among all valid, non-suspect prize claims received for that level. Any claims received after a prize has been exhausted for any particular prize level will be void.
7. Eligibility Restrictions:
Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of Washington who are age 18 or older as of date of entry. WTVR-TV (“Sponsor”) and Million Dollar Media, LLC (“Sweepstakes Administrator”), Tribune Broadcasting, participating third-party sponsors/advertisers, and each of their respective franchisees, parents, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, distributors, retailers, printers, advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the design or execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, “Released Parties”), and the members of the immediate families or households, whether or not related, of any of the above are not eligible. “Immediate family members” includes, for purposes of this Sweepstakes, parents (including in-laws), grandparents, siblings (including step-siblings), children (including step-children), grand children (including step grand children) and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside. Individuals without access to an internet connection or a valid email address as of the date the Sweepstakes begins are also not eligible.
8. Additional Rules & Restrictions:
(a) By participating, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsors and Sweepstakes Administrator, which decisions shall be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. In the event an entrant wins a prize, and is later found to be in violation of these rules he/she will be required to forfeit the prize or to reimburse Sponsors for the stated value of the prize if such violation is discovered after winner has used the prize. Participation in Sweepstakes constitutes permission for the Sponsors and their designees to use entrants’ names, cities and states of residence and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising and trade in any and all media now or hereafter known worldwide on perpetuity without limitation or further compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law. False, fraudulent or deceptive entries or acts shall render entrants ineligible for any prize.
(b) By participating, entrants agree to hold all Released Parties harmless from any claims, losses, actions, or damages of any kind, whether actual, incidental or consequential, for injury (including but not limited to death), damages, losses or expenses arising out of or relating to entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes, or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of any prize, or participation in prize-related activities (including but not limited to travel or activity related thereto), and to assume all liability therefor.
(c) Released Parties shall not be liable to winner or any other person for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof by reason of any acts of God, any actions, regulations, orders, or requests by any governmental entity, equipment failure, terrorist acts, war, fire, unusually severe weather, embargo, labor dispute or strike, labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, or any other cause beyond Released Parties’ sole control.
(d) Participants are restricted to use of ordinary and typical computer equipment, mobile phone equipment, Internet access and cellular networks. Sponsors disclaim all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue an entry due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond the Sponsors’ control, or otherwise. The Sponsors disclaim any liability for entries not received due to technical difficulties or transmission errors. The Sponsors disclaim all liability for any delays, mis-delivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by electronic transmission, or other delivery method. Released Parties are not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile phone related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for any other errors of any kind, whether computer, technical, typographical, printing, human or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitations, errors which may occur in connection with the printing or advertising of this Sweepstakes, administration or execution of the Sweepstakes, the cancellation of the game, the processing of entries or in the announcement of the prizes or prize winners. Sponsors, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes website.
(e) Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy or threaten the integrity of the Sweepstakes, in the opinion of the Sponsors/Sweepstakes Administrator, or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes as determined by Sponsors/Sweepstakes Administrator, in their sole discretion. If Sponsors do so, Sponsors shall post notice on the Sweepstakes website. In the event of early termination of the Sweepstakes, Sponsors will determine the Grand Prize Finalist in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the time/date of such termination.
9. IN CASE OF DISPUTES:
By participating, each entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, and in no event will entrant be entitled to received attorneys’ fees or other legal costs; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsors in connection with this Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions.
10. Odds: Odds of being selected as a Grand Prize Winner are dependent upon the total number of eligible participants in the Sweepstakes.
11. Official Rules & Winners List: For a copy of these Official Rules or the names of prize winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to be received by 8/6/2016 to: WTVR-TV Advergame, c/o Million Dollar Media, PO Box 248, Woodbridge, NJ 07095.PLEASE SPECIFY which you are requesting: Official Rules or Winners List.
12. Sponsors: Sweepstakes is sponsored by WTVR-TV, 3301 West Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23230.
13. Sweepstakes Administrator: Sweepstakes is administered by Million Dollar Media, PO Box 248, Woodbridge, NJ 07095.