RICHMOND, Va. — March 2016 finished as a very dry month. No single day received over 0.20″ of liquid precipitation, and the monthly total was three inches below normal, making it the driest month since November 2012. Snowfall was a little above normal, but the monthly total was only 1.2″.
Although there were some cold temperatures, the month ended up much warmer than normal.
- 10th warmest March on record (since records began in 1880)
- Average temperature: 53.4° (4.8° above normal)
- Average high: 65°
- Average low: 42°
- Warmest: 84 ° on March 16
- Coldest: 23° on March 3
- 3rd driest March on record (since records began in 1872)
- Driest month since 0.27″ in November 2012
- Snowfall: 1.2″ (0.6″ above normal)