RICHMOND, Va. – Navigate Richmond is a website that gives you a day-by-day look at the UCI Road World Championship races, with info about the two things everyone is preoccupied with, parking and road closures.
But the website also details daily race courses, shuttle stops, remote parking and course crossings. Here is how to easily use the website and get info without freaking out.
- Click over to http://navigate.richmond2015.com for the 2015 Worlds Guide.
So, everyone wants to figure out road closures and parking.
- On-street parking restrictions and reopenings that are specific to one or more days are listed in the NAVIGATE page for each day of the race. Select the correct day and then on the corresponding MAP LEGEND, select what you want to know: ramp closures, street closures, and/or course crossings.
- To get a general overview of parking restrictions that primarily deal with event parking for spectators accessing Worlds by car, select the PARKING tab.
- Select the day you need to know about. Long-term on-street parking restrictions are outlined in the Roads Guide Overview.
- Toggle the MAP LEGEND to figure out: no parking, course layout, shuttle stops, remote parking, and course crossings.
Now, a lot of people believe that they will not be able to cross the course, but that is not true. There will be instances when cyclists are making multiple laps and there will be a lengthy amount of time between packs of riders.
Course marshalls and police officers will be positioned at the course crossings.
We also have a WTVR.COM/UCI guide that details in list form which roads and neighborhoods will be shut down daily by each course.
- Now, about long-term parking restrictions. There are some. People will be fighting for parking spaces.
- Long-term on-street parking restrictions are outlined in the Roads Guide Overview (PDF).
- This info is not as presented in toggleable map form. YOU HAVE TO READ.
- Whether you will access the races by bike, vehicle, shuttle or taxi, there are plenty of transportation options listed under the TRANSPORTATION tab. You can get a day-by-day look by toggling the MAP LEGEND.
Organizers suggest those driving in for the races should use remote parking and take a shuttle to the races. Parking, at $10 a day, must be reserved in advance, through 2015worlds.clickandpark.com.
Daily access to satellite lots will begin at 7 a.m. and will continue until 11 p.m. (move it or get towed).
Daily shuttle service to satellite lots will begin two hours prior to race events and will cease operation two hours after the podium ceremony. Not every lot will be active on every day.
Note that on Sunday, Sept. 20, Satellite Lot C: Anthem will be operational, with shuttle service to a location near the Team Time Trial start venue at Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden.
For all other dates, shuttles from all satellite lots will pick up and drop off spectators near the intersection of 2nd Street and Canal Street downtown, where an event information kiosk will be available.
|Date||Primary Lot||Secondary Lot||Tertiary Lot||Service Start Time||Service End Time|
|20-Sep||City Stadium||Anthem||Diamond||9 AM||5:35 PM|
|21-Sep||City Stadium||Diamond||N/A||8 AM||5:50 PM|
|22-Sep||City Stadium||Diamond||N/A||7:30 AM||6:45 PM|
|23-Sep||City Stadium||Diamond||N/A||11 AM||5:35 PM|
|25-Sep||City Stadium||Diamond||N/A||8 AM||6:50 PM|
|26-Sep||City Stadium||Diamond||Anthem||7 AM||6:25 PM|
|27-Sep||City Stadium||Diamond||Anthem||7 AM||5:40 PM|
Please note that satellite parking and shuttle service will not be offered for training days on Saturday, September 19, and Thursday, September 24.
FIND OUT RACE TIMES
There are lots of ways to get this information. Here is a printable document with all of it: Daily schedule of UCI Road World Championship Races (word doc).
KNOW WHERE TO FIND THE FOOD TRUCKS
There will be 41 food trucks at the Richmond 2015 UCI Road World Championship Races. There are four locations where you can find them over the course of nine days.
The locations are:
- 5th and Broad Street, where the start and finish line is located
- Governor Street and Broad Street. There will be some food trucks in the beer garden, and other between 11th and 12th Streets.
- Franklin and 23 Street
- Libby Hill Park
Vendors will rotate on days. The food and beer vendors near Church Hill are only operating Friday – Sunday, Sept. 24 -27, in conjunction with the road circuit races.
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW
All races finish on Broad Street at the convention center. Every race will use the section of Broad Street between Belvidere and Second streets, Second Street between Broad and Main Street, and Main between Second and Governor Street.
In most cases, streets will close one hour before each race begins; they will open immediately following the completion of each race.
The race which spans the most districts is the 32.9 mile Men’s Elite race, which starts at King’s Dominion and winds through Hanover, Henrico and Richmond.
Click here for the printable day-by-day view of Fan Zones: Where to view UCI races and Fan Zones
The printable version for shuttle information is here: SHUTTLE SCHEDULE AND SATELLITE PARKING
The WTVR.com/UCI page is where all bike-race related stories land.
- How Boston Marathon bombing shaped security for UCI races in Richmond
- Watch UCI races without leaving the house
- Visit Kings Dominion for free on the day a UCI race starts there
- How to grab the best view during UCI Road World Championship races
- Times, closures, fan zones and courses for Richmond 2015 bike races
- Family guide for Richmond 2015 UCI Road World Championship races
- Richmond events surrounding the UCI Road World Championships
- These four city blocks along Broad Street are closing, don’t freak out
- How to get to Richmond 2015 via vehicle, shuttle, bike or mass transit
- Why Pop-Up RVA signs are popping up in empty downtown storefronts
- Temporary foot bridges up at VCU ahead of UCI Road World Championships
- Richmond 2015 bike race unlimited GRTC bus pass now on sale
- MAPS: A look at the 2015 UCI Road World Championships routes through Richmond