News

Actions

1 hospitalized after candle sparks Chesterfield house fire

Default-Image_1280x720.jpg
Posted at 10:21 PM, Jan 25, 2015
and last updated 2015-01-25 22:21:04-05
firepic1

A CBS 6 viewer snapped photos of the firefighters on the scene. (SOURCE: LaWanda Nicole Hunt‎)

CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. — One person was sent to the hospital after their home caught fire Sunday afternoon in Chesterfield County.

Firefighters were called to a home in the 2110 block of Jarman Lane around 4:45 p.m.

According to Lt. Jason Elmore, public information officer for Chesterfield Fire and EMS, two adults living in the home suffered smoke inhalation.

One victim was treated on the scene and the other was transported to VCU Medical Center.

Elmore said the person taken to VCU Medical Center was not seriously injured.

Officials said the blaze was sparked by an unattended candle.

Both residents, who were displaced , are being helped out by family members.

A CBS 6 viewer snapped photos of the firefighters on the scene. (SOURCE: LaWanda Nicole Hunt‎)

A CBS 6 viewer snapped photos of the firefighters on the scene. (SOURCE: LaWanda Nicole Hunt‎)