News

Actions

Colonial Heights fire sparked by garage auto repair

Default-Image_1280x720.jpg
Posted at 10:08 AM, Dec 20, 2014
and last updated 2014-12-20 11:17:38-05

COLONIAL HEIGHTS, Va. — Colonial Heights Fire crews responded to a house fire on 3200 Glenview Avenue at 6:15 Saturday morning.

The fire was quickly contained to a detached garage.

Fire crews believe the initial cause of the fire was when the home owner was working on a motorcycle in his garage when gas became ignited.

There was one minor injury that did not require transportation to the hospital, according to Colonial Heights Fire.

The fire cause was ruled as accidental.