RICHMOND, Va - Weight Watchers Ambassador Bobbi Caldwell was back in the Virginia This Morning kitchen with a fresh and healthy Shrimp & Avocado appetizer, as well as a craving curbing Chocolate Espresso Mousse shot. The appetizer is a fresh and healthy twist on your standard shrimp cocktail, complete with nutrient rich radishes, avocado, and cucumber. The fun size mousse shot dessert shows that you can indulge without ruining your routine. For more information you can visit online at www.weightwatchers.com
¼ c mint leaves, for garnish
1) For Wasabi Mayonnaise: In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, wasabi paste and soy sauce until smooth. NOTE: If you can’t find wasabi paste, substitute wasabi powder.
2) Place cucumber slices on a serving platter.
3) Spread each with ½ tsp of wasabi mayonnaise.
4) Place a slice of avocado on top and then top each with a shrimp.
5) Top each with julienned radish and a mint leaf.
Per serving (2 appetizers): 55 cal, 3g total fat, 1 g sat fat, 230 mg sod, 2 g total carb, 0 g sugar, 1 g fib, 5 g prot. PPV: 1
Here we have the perfect dessert for a cocktail party. These Chocolate-Espresso Mousse Shots are decadent, perfectly portioned and only 54 calories, or 1 PPV, a serving.
Chocolate-Espresso Mousse Shots
16 chocolate wafers, lightly broken
1) In a small bowl, combine espresso and water until dissolved; let cool to room temperature.
2) In another bowl, whisk together pudding mix and skim milk until well combined; whisk in espresso mixture and then fold in ½ c whipped topping.
3) Line up 16 shot glasses and spoon 1 Tbsp pudding in each one; top each with 1 ½ tsp cookie pieces, 1 ½ Tbsp pudding and 1 more teaspoon cookie pieces.
4) Garnish each with 1 Tbsp whipped topping before serving. Yields 1 shot glass per serving.