News

Actions

Electrical panel blamed for blaze at Chesterfield apartments

Default-Image_1280x720.jpg
Posted at 5:24 PM, Nov 03, 2014
and last updated 2014-11-03 17:24:39-05

apartmentfire

CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. — Fire investigators in Chesterfield said an electrical panel malfunctioned an apartment building Monday morning.

As a result, people in six apartments are looking for a new place to live at the Crystal Lake apartments on Meadowdale Boulevard.

Firefighters said the flames started in a shed, but damaged two apartments and affected four other units because the fire damaged power meters.

The fire has been ruled accidental.