RICHMOND, Va. (WTVR) – Is the Governor changing his tune about a proposed toll on Interstate 95 in Sussex County?
During his “Ask the Governor” radio show in Richmond Wednesday morning, Governor Bob McDonnell says he knows a toll would create a hardship for people living in the area, and maintains a toll isn’t a done deal yet.
In fact, the governor says he is also considering several other options, but says this is the best one on the table right now.
Additionally, he says he is also working with the localities around the proposed toll to determine the best location and the exact cost.
- More tolls coming to Virginia highways?
- Drivers speak out against adding tolls on I-95
- Battle over new I-95 tolls intensifies in Emporia
- County, town leaders plan to fight against I-95 tolls
- HOLMBERG: Small town has big campaign against fat tolls on I-95
- HOLMBERG: Why does southern Virginia have to pay the tolls – again?
- Lawmakers work to add tolls on Interstate 95
- Billboards aim to block I-95 toll proposal