RICHMOND, Va. -- A group of Richmond region businesses, community members, and government leaders have formed a coalition tasked with helping businesses reopen their doors safely and responsibly.
ForwardRVA will share tools and resources to help businesses establish frameworks for reopening as well as provide free Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) starter toolkits for small retail, and restaurant businesses with 25 or fewer employees.
The toolkits include face masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, “We’re Open” signage, and important safety information.
The toolkits will be available for pickup at several locations throughout the region on Wednesday, May 27th and Thursday, May 28 from 8:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Small business owners must register in advance for the toolkits and select their pickup location at forwardrva.com [forwardrva.com].
- Deep Run High School, 4801 Twin Hickory Road, Glen Allen
- Virginia Center Commons (Food Court), 10101 Brook Road, Glen Allen
- Richmond Raceway, 600 E. Laburnum Avenue, Richmond
- Arthur Ashe Center, 3001 N. Arthur Ashe Boulevard, Richmond
- Southside Community Center, 6255 Old Warwick Road, Richmond
- John Tyler Community College – Midlothian (Administration Building), 800 Charter Colony Parkway, Midlothian
- John Tyler Community College – Chester, 13101 Jefferson Davis Highway, Chester
- Southpark Mall (former Sears), 230 Southpark Circle, Colonial Heights
Because the toolkits contain starter quantities of PPE, recipients are encouraged to build up a proper supply for their employees and patrons according to the State’s Forward Virginia guidelines, which can be found at forwardrva.com [forwardrva.com].
ForwardRVA’s approach to reopening aligns with the Forward Virginia three-phased approach announced by Gov. Ralph Northam in late April. Both approaches follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines